- is price-competitive and usually books for a standard four-hour time period. If your event requires a longer or shorter time period, we will be happy to provide you with an adjusted quote.
- is neatly dressed at all times, even during setup, and wears attire appropriate for the occasion.
- can provide full Master of Ceremony services and digital music interludes in between sets at no cost (or DJ-hosted services at minimal cost), keeping music continuous throughout your event, offers live band (2 to 6-plus pieces), MP3 or DJ-hosted cocktail music.
- delivers pro-active entertainment with the ability to mix the music to best meet the mood of the audience and YOUR preferences.
- calls you before your event to reconfirm details and to answer last-minute questions you may have.
- will learn up to two special-request songs for your event.
- brings to your event professional and talented musicians. Some band members attended Berklee and/or have played with national-recording artists such The Temptations, Chubby Checker, Tommy Dorsey and Artie Shaw Orchestras, and many others.
Mike Ruggelo (Drums, Lead Vocals)
Mike is the founding member of “Jumpstreet” and has studied with legendary drummers Alan Dawson (Dave Brubek, Lionell Hampton, Oscar Peterson), Bob Moses (Patmetheny) and Dave Mattacks (Paul McCartney, Elton John, George Harrison, Jethro Tull). He has performed with various bands and artists over the years including Chubby Checker, The Coasters, The Marvelettes, The Chiffons, and The Drifters. Mike has also appeared with Martha Reeves and the Vandellas, The Fifth Dimension, Boston Music Awards winner Shirley Lewis, and Peter Calo (guitarist for Carly Simon and “Hall and Oates”).
Mark Retallack (Keyboards)
Mark holds a Bachelor of Music degree in classical piano from Houghton College and has attended master classes with world-renowned concert pianists Anton Kuerti and Mia Chung. He has studied jazz piano with Charlie Banacos, Jeff Covel and Luciano Salvatiore. Mr. Retallack has been awarded Arts Council Grants for his Educational Seminar on Audio for Commercial and Industrial video. He has composed and produced music for National Video Studios NY, NY and written jingle music for AT&T and various local advertising agencies. He teaches piano and MIDI music production and has performed extensively in jazz trios and quartets.
Joe Holaday (Guitar, Bass)
Joe has been performing professionally for the past 30 years in such notable bands as The Fools and Beatle-juice. Joe has shared the stage with everyone from the Eagles and Rush to the Ramones. His MTV Video debut with the Fools in World Party still amasses hundreds of hits to this day. With seven albums to his credit, and studio side work with a number of Boston area musicians, he is adept in all styles of music.
Mari Martin (Vocals)
Mari studied with the renowned UMASS Amherst jazz professor Dr. Horace Boyer, cultivating her heart-felt performance style singing at many University clubs and events. After moving to Santa Barbara, Mari sang in local coffeehouses and became a founding member of Michael Andrews’ popular dance band Area 51-a venture she continues to this day. Mari has opened for and shared the stage with such luminaries as Tower of Power, the Average White Band, Big Bad Voodoo Daddy, Glen Phillips, Jonathan McEuen, WAR, and Alan Parsons. She has also had the great fortune to sing on numerous occasions for local Santa Barbara legend Kenny Loggins. Mari has performed at LA’s Ahmanson Theater for the Obie Awards, the Majestic Ventura Concert Theater, Santa Barbara’s Lobero and Granada Theatres, The Santa Barbara Film Festival and hundreds of weddings, events, local benefit concerts, clubs and venues from Massachusetts to California.